Forescout Privacy Statement
This Forescout Privacy Statement outlines the personal information that Forescout Technologies, Inc. gathers, how we use that personal information, and the options you have to access, correct or delete such personal information.
At Forescout, we will not sell or rent your Personal Information to anyone. We will not share or otherwise disclose your Personal Information except as necessary to provide our services or as otherwise described in this Statement without first providing you with notice and the opportunity to consent.
What Does This Statement Cover?
This Statement applies to all individuals who access websites operated by Forescout, such as www.forescout.com, or otherwise interact with Forescout’s online services by registering for events or training, attending online webcasts, signing up to receive email newsletters, downloading whitepapers, etc. It will also apply to our customers, business partners and vendors when accessing our trainings, marketing events, learning management systems, or individuals submitting job applications.
This Statement is intended to help you understand:
- What information Forescout collects about you and for what purposes
- How Forescout shares the information we collect
- How Forescout stores and secures information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- How Forescout transfers information we collect internationally
- What rights you have to Personal Information
- Other important privacy information
If you do not agree with this Statement, do not access or use our websites.
If you are a Forescout Customer, an entity who has entered into a subscription agreement with Forescout (or its authorized partner) and use Forescout services, other privacy disclosures and information apply. Review our Product Privacy Datasheets at https://docs.forescout.com/.
What Information is Forescout Collecting About Me?
When you visit our websites, we collect information in various ways depending on your activities.
- Site Visitors: When an individual accesses our websites, we collect information about general uses and patterns. This information includes Address, device and connection information (including browser type, internet service provider, operating system, and referring/exit pages), site pages and content viewed, interactions on our website, products considered, frequency of visits to our websites, and other information collected by cookies. This information is anonymous.
- Marketing Requests and Forms: When you manually complete a form to request additional information about our products or subscribe to our marketing emails, trainings or webinars we ask for additional information. These forms collect your name, email, company name, job title, phone number and country.
- Customer and Partner Portal Logins: If you are accessing the Partner Portal or our Customer Support Portal, you will be asked to provide your username and password to access the site.
- Job Applicants: If you are applying for a job at Forescout through our website, we will also collect your name, address, work history, contact information and other personal information that you choose to share with us in the process of applying for a job at Forescout.
- Third-Party Vendors: Forescout may receive information about you from third parties, including publicly available databases, vendors, partners, or other sources. This information can be provided from online and offline sources. We may combine such information with the information we already have about you. This information is used to determine your suitability for employment, your interest in our products, joint marketing opportunities with our partners, or for other legal purposes.
How Does Forescout Use The Information Collected About Me?
Forescout uses the collected Personal Information to provide you with information, special offerings, security alerts, trainings, requested customer services, improve and update our sites and help Forescout better understand visitors’ needs and interests. For example, we use Personal Information to:
- Offer access to your Customer or Partner Portal;
- Set up and administer your account, including identification, authentication, usage monitoring, security, logging and backups;
- Identify new customers and schedule a demo;
- Provide you with technical and customer support, and enable the provisioning of services, including sending confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts and administrative messages and troubleshooting;
- Provide Training and Certifications;
- Register you for events;
- Communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by Forescout and our selected partners;
- Provide and deliver products or services, including software updates and customer service;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience, including tailoring our advertising and promotions to provide products and services which may be of interest to you;
- Respond to your comments and questions;
- Conduct surveys that we use for marketing and quality assurance purposes;
- Business to business communications;
- enforce our legal rights and comply with legal requirements;
- Manage job applications;
- Subscribe you to newsletters, email lists, and other promotional events;
- Notify you about changes to our sites or obtain any required consent; and
- Improve our sites and services to better meet customers’ needs.
Providing your data is optional, but it may be necessary for certain services, such as marketing requests, access to customer or partner portals, or to access specific content on our sites. In such cases, if you do not provide your information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
Who Does Forescout Share My Personal Information With?
Forescout does not sell, lease, or give away your data. In some instances, Forescout may share your information with third parties for business purposes.
- Our Affiliates: To provide 24×7 customer service and products globally, we may share your contact and transactional information with our current or future subsidiaries, which may include parent and subsidiary companies, joint ventures, or other companies under common control, in which case we will require our affiliates to honor this Privacy Statement.
- Business Partners: Forescout may share Personal Information with its business partners and suppliers to the extent needed to deliver Forescout products and services or respond to requests for information about products or services or otherwise support your business needs.
- Third-Party Vendors and Suppliers: Forescout may share certain Personal Information collected on our websites with our service providers, including third parties providing site-related services. This includes addresses, cookies, and site analytical information to assist us in improving our sites. This information is only shared as anonymous or aggregated data.
We may transfer or disclose your Personal Information for corporate reasons. For example, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or similar transaction. We may also share Personal Information with our auditors, attorneys or other advisors in connection with our internal corporate functions.
- Government and Law Enforcement: In certain situations, Forescout may be required to disclose Personal Information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or other law enforcement requirements (with a signed and properly executed warrant),to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud.
- Marketing Partners: We may share your Personal Information with marketing partners at events or trainings where you have given us your explicit consent to share such information with specific third parties.
How Does Forescout Secure The Collected Information?
Forescout uses appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, damage or destruction. These measures include but are not limited to physical access controls, encryption, and internet firewalls. However, you should know that no company, including Forescout, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
If you believe that the security of your account has been compromised, please notify us immediately in accordance with the Contact Forescout section below. If Forescout learns of a breach of its systems, Forescout may notify you or others consistent with applicable law and/or as agreed in our contract with you. Forescout may communicate with you electronically regarding privacy and security issues affecting information collected through your interactions or use of our services or products.
Retention of Personal Information
In certain circumstances, we may retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. For example:
- We may retain your Personal Information after you have closed your account so that we can send you information about products, services and publications we think you may be interested in. You can “unsubscribe” from receiving such messages or tell us you are no longer interested;
- We may retain your Personal Information in order to protect our legal rights, or those of third parties, or to comply with the law;
- We may retain Personal Information about how you have used our products and services in order to improve and develop our business;
- If you purchase products or services from us, we may retain your Personal Information for as long as we need to in order to provide you with customer service, or for compliance purposes, for example, in order to comply with our record-keeping requirements; and
- If you have applied for a job with Forescout, we may retain your resume and contact information for future job openings.
How Can I Control My Personal Information?
Forescout allows you to control your Personal Information through multiple means.
You may access, correct, or request deletion of your Personal Information by logging into your account or submitting general requests to [email protected] or our Data Subject Request Web Portal. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
What Rights Do I Have To My Personal Information?
You have certain rights in your Personal Information, subject to local data protection laws. Specifically, you may ask us to:
- Confirm whether or not Personal Information about you is being processed;
- Provide you with details about how we process your Personal Information;
- Consider your valid objection to the processing of your Personal Information (including the right to object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing your Personal Information);
- Correct or delete Personal Information which we hold about you;
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Information;
- Consider your valid request to transfer your Personal Information to a third-party provider of services (data portability); and
- Ask us to treat your consent as withdrawn if you have previously provided us with consent to process your Personal Information and we rely on it as our legal basis for processing.
Please note that if you opt-out but are a current customer, we will still send you transactional emails. Transactional emails are necessary communications about your accounts and our business dealings with you, such as renewals and updates, and, as allowed by applicable law, requests for your participation in surveys. Additionally, we will also retain your information necessary for you to enter our customer or partner portals.
If, in the future, we use your Personal Information in any way that is not described in this Privacy Statement, we will disclose this to you. At that time, you can choose not to allow us to use your Personal Information for any purpose that is incompatible with the purposes for which we originally collected it or subsequently obtained your consent. If you choose to limit the ways we can use your Personal Information, some or all of our services may not be available to you.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please submit your request to our Data Subject Request Web Portal.
How Forescout Transfers Private Information Internationally
Forescout has certified its compliance with the EU U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss U.S Privacy Shield Frameworks. We understand that there have been recent decisions regarding the effectiveness of these frameworks. However, until additional guidance has been provided, we will continue to maintain our compliance with the program. In addition, Forescout utilizes Data Processing Addendums for its vendors and customers that incorporate the Standard Contractual Clauses as approved by the European Commission as offering sufficient safeguards as it relates to data protection for data transfers from controllers in the EU to processors established outside the EU or EEA.
Forescout’s standard Data Processing Addendum (for customers), inclusive of SCCs, is also available at www.forescout.com/legal.
Other Important Privacy Information
- Tags: A website tag is a tool used to gather data on a website. This tag can be code, a pixel, or an image that enables our sites to collect information about a person and on-site behavior across our Site.
- Web beacons: These picture files are used to keep track of your navigation through our sites. This allows us to understand who is visiting our sites and are used by third parties to help monitor traffic.
Do Not Track
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity, including but not limited to setting a preference in your browser that can alert websites you visit to not collect information about you (‘Do-Not-Track’ or DNT signal). Forescout cannot guarantee that our sites recognize Do Not Track Signals from your internet browser. However, you can go to the cookie preference center to set your cookie choices for our Site.
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our website or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union, click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Our sites and business are not focused on, nor do we knowingly collect Personal Information from, children under the age of 16.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement or Forescout’s privacy practices, you can contact us at: Forescout Technologies, Inc., General Counsel, 190 West Tasman Drive, San Jose, California, 95134, USA or submit your request to [email protected] Moreover, if you have an unresolved privacy concern that you feel Forescout has not adequately addressed, please contact our third-party dispute resolution provider at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request or appropriate data protection authority. At any time, you may reach out to Forescout’s Privacy Team with any questions or concerns at [email protected].
Forescout may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make any material changes to this Statement, we will provide notice on our sites. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You will see when this Privacy Statement was last updated by checking the “Effective Date” displayed at the top of this Statement.