This notice supplements information contained in privacy notices from Forescout Technologies, Inc. and its business affiliates (“Forescout”, “we” or “our”) and applies solely to residents of the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice and policy to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and any subsequent legislation or amendments. Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice and policy. This notice does not reflect our collection, use, or disclosure of California residents’ personal information, or your rights under the CCPA, where an exception under the CCPA applies. You can download a pdf version of the California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosures using the “print to pdf” link on this webpage.
Right to Know about Personal Information Collected, Disclosed or Sold, Right to Deletion, Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right to request that we disclose the personal information we collect, use, disclose and sell about you specifically and to request the deletion of personal information that we collect. If you would like to exercise the right to know or delete, please submit your request to our email [email protected], contact us at (888) 521-2882, or click here to access our online form.
We will ask that you provide certain information to verify your identity. The information that we ask you to provide to verify your identity will depend on your prior interactions with us and the sensitivity of the personal information at issue. We will respond to your request in accordance with the CCPA. If we deny your request, we will explain why.
You may not be discriminated against because you exercise any of your rights under the CCPA.
Our Personal Information Handling Practices in 2021
We have identified the categories of personal information we collect about California residents and have collected in the preceding 12 months.
We have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information, disclosed as noted below in some cases as directed by you:
- Personal Identifiers such as name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, job title, company, gender, your device’s address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices. This information is provided to us by you, through the forms that you complete when requesting services, access to portals, or other interactions you have with our websites. We collect this information to provide our services to you. This includes providing you with: requested services; sending emails, surveys, and marketing newsletters; coordinating events and training; improving our websites; complying with our legal obligations; and running our business. We may disclose certain types of this information to our affiliated and unaffiliated service providers for business purposes.
- Commercial Information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you, trainings undertaken, and courses passed. We collect this information from you and our business partners. We collect this category of information to provide you with services, to implement your purchased products, to provide training, to communicate with you about other opportunities or updates to our products, and to fulfill our obligations both to our customers and the law. We disclose this category of personal information with our business partners and affiliates who assist us with providing our products and services.
- Internet or Other Electronic Information regarding your browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our website, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, geolocation, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information. We collect this category of information through your use of our websites, emails, or marketing campaigns. We use this information to improve our websites and products, administer our websites, send you marketing and promotional materials, promote our products, and comply with legal obligations. We may disclose certain types of this information to our affiliated and unaffiliated service providers for business purposes.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information including resumes, past work experience, and other employment related information. We collect this category of information when you apply for a position at Forescout. We collect this category of information to determine your suitability for a position at Forescout or one of our affiliates. We retain applicant information for successful applicants until the end of your employment plus three (3) years or as required by local law, and for all applicants any time periods necessary for compliance with law, exercise or defense of legal rights, and archiving, back-up and deletion processes. We do not sell your personal applicant information or share it for cross‐context behavioral advertising. We may disclose certain types of this information to our affiliated and unaffiliated service providers for business purposes and to our subsidiaries to determine your suitability for a position with such affiliates.
When a business sells your personal information, you have a right to opt out of such sale. We do not sell, and in the preceding twelve (12) months did not sell, California residents’ personal information. We do not have actual knowledge that we sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age. These disclosures were last updated as of the Effective Date listed above. You can contact us at [email protected].
You can designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf if:
- The authorized agent is a natural person, or a business entity, registered with the Secretary of State of California; and
- You sign a written declaration that you authorize the authorized agent to act on your behalf.
If you use an authorized agent to submit a request to exercise your right to know or your right to request deletion, please have the authorized agent take the following steps in addition to the steps described above:
- Mail a certified copy of your written declaration authorizing the authorized agent to act on your behalf to Forescout Technologies, Inc. with attn: Privacy Department, to 2400 Dallas Pkwy. Suite 230, Plano, Texas 75093; and
- Provide any information we request in our response to your email to verify your identity.
If you provide an authorized agent with power of attorney pursuant to Probate Code sections 4121 to 4130, it may not be necessary to perform these steps and we will respond to any request from such authorized agent in accordance with the CCPA.