Multifactor Risk Scoring
How Reducing Your Cyber Attack Surface Starts with Risk
Cuts Through the Noise
Most security teams, overloaded by alerts and incident backlogs, are inundated by the growing number and types of devices they must manage, so how do you reduce your cyberattack surface? What is the best way to prioritize your vulnerabilities and maximize effort? How do you ensure your control Forescout offers an asset-centric approach to the problem, helping you create a proactive strategy to deal with your network’s vulnerability effectively and efficiently at scale.
Multifactor Risk Scoring gives your security operations center (SOC) the advantage of working on the vulnerabilities and exposure in your current security framework that misalign it from your desired compliance state. We bring you cyber asset management by comprehensively assessing device risk. Instead of working feverishly on volume, you work on criticality to your network.
As part of the Forescout Platform, Multifactor Risk Scoring works to further your efforts in assessing and governing your cyber assets with comprehensive risk profiles. Forescout’s goal is to provide a single point of control that leverages automation to help you remediate or mitigate your organization’s highest risk.Schedule Your Demo
Challenges Impacting Your
Cyber Risk Awareness
Gaps in Visibility Assessment
- Devices are missed due to scan scheduling as assets come and go offline.
- Unmanaged devices (IoT, OT, IoMT, mobile) joining your network, both authorized and unauthorized.
- Broken or misconfigured software agents that are assumed to be running correctly.
Risk Calculation Based Only on CVE
- Security tools offer only one dimension of risk: common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE). They lack asset configuration, behavior and exploitability information.
- IoT and OT devices often do not have associated vulnerability data.
Fragmented Security Tools
- Most security tools fail to encompass all the unique asset types that make up the network (IT, IoT, IoMT, and OT).
- Multiple security tools can lead to a longer mean time to response (MTTR).
How Multifactor Risk Scoring Works
An asset’s risk is calculated based on its configuration, function and behavior. A risk score is an aggregate number that you can quickly act on – or have Forescout’s policy engine automate remediation and mitigation policy actions.
What Are the Indicators and Weighting Factors in Risk Scoring?
- Known vulnerabilities applicable to the device. This information comes from feeds, including integration with VA tools for managed device vulnerabilities.
- Exposed services and protocols for the devices.
- Inbound and outbound malicious traffic to devices (internet exposure).
- Device criticality: the potential impact to the organization if the device is compromised based on classification data.
Using Risk Scores to Achieve
Quickly Discover, Assess and Report Your Risk Posture
- Real-time inventory of all cyber assets, both managed and unmanaged
- High-fidelity asset classification with comprehensive risk profiling to show asset compliance
Prioritize Vulnerability Response
- Unique risk score drives the security governance of devices
- Initiate remediation and risk mitigation workflows in real time
- Understand the exploitability of your vulnerabilities
Automate Advanced Segmentation and Containment
- Craft policies that trigger an instant response to high-risk incidents saving precious time
- Contain threats to minimize blast radius and disruption to your network
“I was able to deploy Forescout within days whereas the competitive solution took weeks just to profile half a lab. The visibility you get is fast and efficient.”— Neil Clauson, Director of Security Operations
“The whole time-consuming process has now completely disappeared. Effectively, the user makes that change, and the Forescout Platform just deals with it, and we don’t have to get involved at all. Our users are happier because they don’t see any interruption to the service. It’s completely transparent to them.”— Bernard Crane, Infrastructure Architect, Boden
“Forescout gives us the critical integrity piece of the CIA triad. Without integrity, the other two are of no value. You need to be able to trust your systems when they tell you your data is confidential and available. The Forescout platform lets us know whether their data can be trusted.”— Richard White, Cybersecurity Architect, Tennessee Department of Transportation
Schedule a Demo
Get a personalized tour of our solutions and see how we can help you automate cybersecurity.Request a Demo