- Supports up to 2 million devices in a single enterprise manager for industry-leading scalability and increased visibility across entire enterprise environment, including operational technology and critical infrastructure
- Forescout’s Device Cloud now includes 3+ million devices from more than 500 customers for crowd-sourced IoT device insight and enables auto-classification of enterprise devices
- New IoT assessment capability identifies vulnerable IoT devices for compliance and risk mitigation
- New software-centric licensing model gives enterprises flexible purchasing, deployment and management options
SAN JOSE, Calif., April 4, 2018 – Forescout Technologies (NASDAQ: FSCT), a leading Internet of Things (IoT) security company, today announced new foundational innovations in Forescout CounterACT® 8 that raise the bar on device visibility and control to mitigate risk, reduce the attack surface and automate incident response across the extended enterprise network – from the campus to data center, cloud and critical infrastructure. The enhanced Forescout device visibility platform adds increased scalability, cloud-based device intelligence, IoT device assessment and flexible centralized licensing to help enterprises see and control more than five billion1 IP-connected devices, including traditional, mobile, virtual, IoT and operational technology (OT).
“The industry has a massive visibility problem that is only growing as the number of corporate unmanaged IP-connected devices continues to explode. Enterprises can’t protect their networks if they don’t know what’s on their networks,” said Michael DeCesare, CEO and president, Forescout Technologies. “The result of two years of engineering innovation, our enhanced device visibility platform represents a step forward and sets a foundation for the deep, scalable device visibility and control required to secure the new generation of enterprise networks.”
In the last year, organizations have had to keep pace with the rapid growth of devices while managing security hygiene and compliance. Companies are discovering up to 60 percent2 more devices on their network than previously known with an increasing majority that cannot support management and security agents. Threat actors have also begun to exploit the expanded attack surface represented by non-traditional IoT and OT devices as entry points into the enterprise. To solve these challenges, Forescout has expanded its device visibility platform to deliver the following key features and benefits:
- Expanded device visibility: The platform now provides better insight into some of the fastest growing enterprise devices, including industrial and critical infrastructure systems, IPv6 addressable devices and devices managed by cloud controllers such as Cisco Meraki.
- Increased device intelligence: Launched in July 2017, the Forescout Device Cloud has grown to be one of the largest crowd-sourced device repositories in the world, now housing more than three million enterprise devices from more than 500 customers that share anonymized device insight. Forescout’s platform uses the data to analyze device types and publish new and improved device profiles for better auto-classification. Additionally, Forescout’s platform now includes a new IoT risk assessment capability that allows organizations to identify devices with default or weak credentials and automate policy actions to ensure compliance and mitigate risks. Lastly, the device visibility platform adds new passive-only discovery and profiling to provide organizations with real-time OT and industrial device inventory without introducing operational risk or impacting reliability.
- Improved scalability and deployment: Improved management scale from one million to two million devices per single deployment allows enterprises to keep pace with device growth. They can also optimize rack space and data center utilization by managing up to 20,000 devices on a single 1U appliance with full 10Gbps traffic monitoring. A new virtual deployment option includes KVM support, in addition to VMware and Hyper-V. The new auto IP-allocation feature allows customers to automate IP distribution and management across a multi-appliance cluster and reduce manual administrative tasks.
- Flexible purchasing and deployment options: New Forescout Flexx licensing provides customers choice and simplifies portability and entitlement management by enabling them to purchase Forescout’s CounterACT and Enterprise Manager platform as a centralized software license.
According to a January 2018 Forrester report by Chase Cunningham, The Zero Trust eXtended (ZTX) Ecosystem, “IoT and network-enabled device technologies have introduced a massive area of potential compromise for networks and enterprises. Smart TVs, mobile devices, and even smart coffee makers are all over the market now, and each of those items introduces new avenues of code and assets that security teams must track and treat as untrusted in any infrastructure. In order to really move toward a Zero Trust strategy, security teams must be able to isolate, secure, and control every device on the network at all times.”
“Instead of kicking the thousands of IoT off our network, which would impact business operations and productivity, Forescout gives us complete visibility and control of these devices. During the outbreak of WannaCry, Forescout detected, prioritized and automated patching, saving HubSpot’s security practitioners hours on manual processes to safeguard against ransomware infections,” said Nick Duda, principal security engineer, HubSpot. “Since we can’t trust the system integrator to implement our device configuration best practices, we use Forescout policies to inspect their security posture and automate risk mitigation actions if they are non-compliant.”
- Video: Solving the Visibility Gap Across the Extended Enterprise
- Datasheet: Forescout CounterACT® 8
- Follow Forescout online: Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Blog
- Forescout’s corporate brochure: https://forescout.com/forescout-company-brochure-pr/
Forescout Technologies, Inc. helps make the invisible visible. Our company provides Global 2000 enterprises and government agencies with agentless visibility and control of traditional and IoT devices the instant they connect to the network. Our technology integrates with disparate security tools to help organizations accelerate incident response, break down silos, automate workflows and optimize existing investments. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
© 2018 Forescout Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a Delaware corporation. A list of our trademarks and patents can be found at https://www.forescout.com/company/legal/intellectual-property-patents-trademarks/. Other brands, products, or service names may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.