Zero Trust Security In the Age of IoT and OT
Learn why Forescout was named “The vendor for Zero Trust IoT/OT Security” in our webinar featuring Forrester Principal Analyst Chase Cunningham.
Zero Trust Segmentation for the Enterprise of Things
Learn how to simplify implementation of Zero Trust segmentation for your Enterprise of Things by checking out our resources hub.
Simplify Zero Trust Security for the Enterprise of Things
The Zero Trust model of information security has quickly become a hot topic among corporate security executives and a top priority within security teams. With today’s edgeless enterprises spanning public and private clouds, work-from-anywhere, and complex supply chain alliances, a Zero Trust approach is essential for an effective defense.
100% DEVICE VISIBILITY & CONTROL ACROSS YOUR EDGELESS ENTERPRISE
In 2019, Forrester named Forescout as a Zero Trust platform, thanks in part to foundational capabilities that align very closely with Forrester’s Zero Trust Extended framework. Working within this framework, the Forescout platform:
“Forescout is the vendor for Zero Trust IoT/OT focused security. IoT/OT device security is one of the hardest problems to solve within the enterprise. This is Forescout’s sweet spot, and the vendor’s platform capabilities for IoT/OT security shine above those of the competition.”
— Forrester Research, October 2019
You Want to Get to Zero Trust. We Can Help You Get There.
Forescout helps you build a Zero Trust architecture based on best practices, from identifying, continuously monitoring and controlling connected devices – including critical assets – to orchestrating the security and infrastructure technologies already deployed in your environment. We recommend a simplified three-step maturity plan for deploying Zero Trust architecture:
Zero Trust Maturity Plan
Discovery, classify and access the risk of every connected thing.
Dynamically group and isolate enterprise things to minimize breach impact.
Automate execution of security policies across enterprise systems.
Forescout Solution Capabilities
- A visibility-first approach determines trust for the EoT
- Instant visualizations baseline real-time traffic
- Design and simulate policies to assess potential business impact
- Spans multi-domain, multi-use-case infrastructure
- Enables enterprise-wide segmentation controls across diverse enforcement technologies
- Continuously monitors and validates security policy compliance
- Ascertain the presence and operational state of encryption, obfuscation and other information security software
- Enable real-time mapping of data flows between users, devices, services and applications
- Understand data at rest and in motion state across the extended enterprise environment
- Discover, assess and control workloads without requiring agents
- Visualize east-west and north-south traffic across your hybrid cloud environment
- Implement security controls through a unified policy interface
- Build trust zones that incorporates directory services and business taxonomy
- Ensure only authorized on-campus or remote users and devices gain access to resources appropriate to their roles or function.
- Agentless identification and inventory of all IP-connected devices in real time
- Classification and continuous posture assessment of managed, unmanaged and unknown devices
- Enforced least-privileged access throughout the network
- Prevent unauthorized devices from joining the network
- Remediate noncompliant assets natively, using network and host controls/segmentation and through third-party integrations
Visibility and analytics
- In-depth and complete visibility of campus IT, IoT, data center, hybrid cloud, healthcare and OT devices in a single pane of glass.
- Highly customizable dashboards show items of interest such as risk or compliance posture
- Notify users or admins of policy violations
- Prompt or automatically initiate remediation actions for noncompliant assets
Automation and orchestration
- Automate response measures based on the type of device and incident for millions of endpoints
- Validate success and failure of actions taken through automation
- Enable information sharing and collaboration through our open framework, where Forescout, customers and partners build and share new integrations
- Integrations with 70+ common technologies out of the box to orchestrate incident response for operational or security events in real time
Manageability and usability
- Integration with leading enterprise security and operations tools like ATD, CMT, EMM, EDR, ITSM, PAM, SIEM, VA, NGFW’s and more
- Jointly developed bi-directional integrations are scale-tested and continually updated to ensure the ongoing success of Zero Trust strategies
- A single interface across disparate technologies optimizes security analyst productivity
- Well-documented, standards-based and public APIs available
- Comprehensive APIs provide bi-directional data exchange to meet different use-case need
Have questions? Learn how the Forescout platform enables a Zero Trust architecture in our FAQ document.
Read how the Forescout solution extends device visibility and control across Forrester’s seven dimensions of Zero Trust.
Review the current challenges when implementing Zero Trust and discover how Forescout addresses them without requiring agents.