Forescout CounterACT, Leading Network Access Control (NAC) Platform, Integrates with McAfee ePO, Leading Endpoint Compliance Management Platform
Cupertino, Calif. — Oct. 11, 2011 — Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automated security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced it achieved certification for its integration of Forescout CounterACT Network Access Control (NAC) with McAfee’s ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO). Forescout also announced it is now a certified member of the McAfee Security Innovation Alliance (SIA) partner program.
Integrating Forescout CounterACT with McAfee ePO enables customers to obtain real-time visibility and policy enforcement for both managed and unmanaged endpoints on the network, including personal and mobile devices. Integration also improves security by continually monitoring endpoints to control threats such as botnets and advanced persistent threats (APTs) as well as unwanted user and device activity. Lastly, integration increases operational efficiency by automating the installation, activation and monitoring of security agents such as antivirus, encryption, DLP and patch management.
Forescout will demonstrate the benefits of its certified integration with ePO in booth #E11 at FOCUS 11- McAfee’s annual security conference in Las Vegas, October 18-20, 2011.
“With increased user mobility and virtualized systems, organizations require greater network visibility and endpoint security to assess all devices, control unmanaged devices and automate the configuration of managed devices,” said Eric Ogren, principal analyst of the Ogren Group. “Forescout’s tight integration with McAfee’s ePO gives customers a common management architecture for ensuring that the network infrastructure is constantly monitored and endpoints are protected.”
The seamless technology integration of Forescout CounterACT with McAfee ePO offers many benefits to customers:
- 100% visibility: Gain full visibility into all endpoints from the moment they try to connect to the network
- Leverage McAfee agents or agentless: No need to install additional agents if McAfee is already installed, and no agent or software is required on unmanaged devices
- Control personal and mobile devices: CounterACT complements ePO by providing real-time information about unmanaged devices such as personal laptops, smart phones and rogue wireless access points
- Fully automated and coordinated endpoint compliance management: If any security agent is missing or broken, CounterACT coordinates with ePO to fix the problem and verify the correction, or if necessary quarantines the device and provides further self-remediation options
- Continual real-time monitoring and control for threats and unwanted behavior: If an unmanaged device attacks the network or a user behaves in a risky manner such as launching a P2P application, CounterACT immediately alerts IT security managers, directs them to the threat and enables corrective action
“Customers are fervently seeking solutions that will provide visibility and automated control over managed devices, and now personal mobile devices including laptops, netbooks, tablets and smartphones,” said Sam Davis, vice president of Business Development for Forescout. “Seamlessly integrating Forescout CounterACT with McAfee ePO offers a combined approach that closes the gap on a variety of endpoint security and compliance challenges that plague IT organizations.”
More information about Forescout’s integration with McAfee ePO is available online.
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout enables its customers to unleash the full power of their network through enterprise-class security and control. Forescout’s automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, threat prevention and endpoint compliance empower organizations to gain access agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because Forescout security solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,000 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, Forescout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide.