Cupertino, Calif. — February 12, 2013 — Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of real-time network security solutions for Global 1000 enterprises and government organizations, and MobileIron, the leader in security and management for mobile apps, documents and devices, today announced that they are partnering to deliver a complete multi-layered security system for Enterprise BYOD. The integration of the MobileIron platform with Forescout CounterACT gives customers unified visibility and comprehensive control across mobile devices, users, applications, data and network attributes.
As Gartner stated in its 2012 Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control (NAC),1 “We expect market growth of approximately 63% in 2013, with approximate revenue of $390 million as businesses are spending on MDM and NAC as the primary means for meeting demand for use of personally owned smartphones and tablets, while containing risk. Even where BYOD is not allowed, IT organizations are being forced to deploy and support a diverse array of mobile devices, with varying degrees of management control/visibility and policy enforcement. NAC’s ability to detect what type of device is connecting to the network and apply limited access capability when required is a core component of limiting risk, while meeting the demand for ‘any device I want to use.’”
The combination of Forescout CounterACT and MobileIron gives enterprises:
- Security automation to dynamically detect unmanaged devices, such as iPads, iPhones and Android devices, attempting to connect to the corporate network in real-time
- The means to automate a variety of network and device-based controls such as allow, block/quarantine, limit, enroll as guest, segregate and initiate device compliance inspection
- Seamless on-boarding workflow of MobileIron’s MDM agent on unmanaged devices through a simple self-enrollment process
- Detection of jail-broken and rooted devices and the ability to block or limit network access until remediated
- Real-time mobile device compliance re-assessment whenever a mobile device tries to connect to an enterprise WiFi network
- Over-the-air device configuration and corporate app catalog management to instantly provision access to corporate email, WiFi, VPN and enterprise recommended and required applications
- Enforcement of passcode policies and strong encryption keys to protect sensitive data on mobile devices
- Mobile application blacklisting, minimum OS level verification and device feature restrictions
- The ability to remotely locate, lock and fully or selectively wipe lost or stolen devices
- Powerful compliance rules engine, enforced upon admission to the corporate network and continuously while connected, tested at the device and network level, with automated remediation
- Unified visibility, control and compliance reporting for all mobile endpoint devices including PCs, smartphones, tablets and laptops through the Forescout CounterACT platform
“The BYOD phenomenon is delivering strong growth for companies like Forescout and MobileIron. Thus, it’s not surprising that our joint customers are asking for the integration of mobile device management and network access control as an essential part of a comprehensive BYOD security strategy that enables productivity while ensuring compliance and the protection of sensitive information,” stated Gord Boyce, CEO of Forescout.
“Enterprises are becoming ‘mobile first’ organizations as they move beyond device security and focus on enabling employee productivity with mobile technology,” said Bob Tinker, CEO, MobileIron. “Two things have to happen to make this possible. First, employee access to corporate resources has to be easy and seamless. Second, security needs to be enterprise-grade but it can’t impede the employee’s productivity. Our partnership with Forescout gives customers end-to-end mobility management and security across applications, data, networks and devices so they can use mobile to transform their businesses.”
The integration between Forescout CounterACT and MobileIron is provided through Forescout Mobile, which is an add-on module to Forescout CounterACT, the company’s award-winning network access control (NAC) platform. The Forescout Mobile Integration Module for MobileIron is available from Forescout and its authorized partners. By providing a range of mobile security solutions and MobileIron interoperability, Forescout allows IT organizations to phase-in BYOD and “right-size” their mobile security investments for different classes of users, devices and applications. The price of the Forescout Mobile integration module for 1,000 devices or more is $18 per device (perpetual). The integration will be available in March.*
Tweet This: Forescout & MobileIron Partner for Flexible, Secure Approach to Enterprise BYOD Security http://hub.am/14QZPIR
1Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control,” report G00238941, December 3, 2012, Lawrence Orans, John Pescatore.
The leader in security and management for mobile apps, documents, and devices, MobileIron’s mission is to enable global companies to become Mobile First organizations, embracing mobility as their primary IT platform in order to transform their businesses and increase their competitiveness. Recognized by IDC as the fastest growing mobile enterprise management vendor in the world, MobileIron provides the scalable architecture, rapid innovation, and best practices for global companies to transform into Mobile First organizations. Leading global companies use MobileIron as the foundation for their Mobile First initiatives, including 7 of the 10 top pharmaceutical companies, 5 of the 10 top banks, 8 of the 10 top automotive manufacturers, 3 of the 5 top retailers, 4 of the 5 top aerospace and defense companies, and half of the 10 top law firms. For more information, please visit www.mobileiron.com.
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout enables organizations to accelerate productivity and connectivity by allowing users to access corporate network resources where, how and when needed without compromising security. Forescout’s real-time network security platform for access control, mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat prevention empowers IT agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because the Forescout CounterACT solution is easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, it has been chosen by more than 1,400 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, Forescout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. Forescout, the Forescout logo, CounterACT and ActiveResponse are trademarks of Forescout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
*This information is intended to outline MobileIron’s general product direction and should not be relied on when making a purchasing decision.