FORESCOUT – ZERO TRUST PLATFORM
At its simplest, Forrester’s Zero Trust Model of information security is a conceptual and architectural approach for redesigning networks into secure microperimeters, strengthening data security using obfuscation techniques, limiting the risks associated with excessive user privileges and access, and dramatically improving security detection and response with analytics and automation.
Forrester calls the current matured Zero Trust model as Zero Trust eXtended (ZTX) Ecosystem, a comprehensive framework that maps security technologies to seven key dimensions of a typical enterprise environment where Zero Trust principles pertain: networks, data, people, workloads, devices, visibility and analytics, and automation and orchestration.
The Zero Trust model of information security has become a fixture in both the strategies of enterprise security teams and the roadmaps of security solution developers, and for good reason. Perimeter-focused security architectures that default to high trust levels on the internal network continue to fail disastrously and expensively.
Zero Trust Challenges
Security and risk professionals the world over are coming to terms with the realization that maintaining perimeter defenses around a trusted network is no longer a viable security strategy. Forrester Research analysts anticipated the current reckoning and developed the Zero Trust Model of information security. Aptly named, the Zero Trust Model is built on the assumption that any person or device with access to an organization’s data is a threat to the enterprise.
- Lack of visibility into connected devices/lack of asset intelligence.
- Limited insight into traffic patterns and system interdependencies.
- Network segmentation is difficult to configure and maintain.
- Little-to-no automation exists
- Network access control doesn’t map to specific user roles and business needs
- Security tool integration and information exchange from data center to cloud is less than seamless
- Constantly evolving heterogenous networks lacks centralized access control and asset management.
Solution: Device Visibility
Visibility is the Strategy
Forrester is emphatic on the topic of visibility in Zero
Trust. According to Forrester analyst Chase Cunningham:
Visibility is the key in defending
any valuable asset. You can’t protect the invisible. The more visibility you have into your
network across your business ecosystem, the better chance you have to quickly detect the
telltale signs of a breach in progress and to stop it.
To realize such a strategy requires a comprehensive device visibility and control solution capable of seeing and controlling hosts that conventional endpoint management systems cannot: visitor and BYOD devices, corporate endpoints with disabled agents, rogue devices, IoT devices, network switches and routers, factory oor and other OT systems, and virtual machines in public clouds.
The Forescout Device Visibility Platform
Forescout exemplifies the evolution of leading network technologies into Zero Trust platforms. The Forescout platform is an agentless security solution that dynamically identifies and evaluates network endpoints the instant they connect to your extended, heterogeneous, multi-cloud network. It quickly determines the user, owner and operating system, as well as device configuration, software, services, patch state and the presence of security agents. Next, it provides remediation, control and continuous monitoring of these devices.
To learn more about Device Visibility Strategy for Zero Trust, download the white paper.Learn More
Top 10 reasons as to why Forescout is the solution for Zero Trust.
- Maps to Zero Trust framework
- Achieves Zero Trust at the network layer
- Provides capabilities for Zero Trust networking
- Works seamlessly across disparate networks
- And much more. Download to learn more.
Why Forescout solution for Zero Trust
Top 10 reasons why Forescout visibility platform is the solution for Zero Trust.
The Forescout platform is a must-have for organizations seeking to implement a Zero Trust Model. It provides visibility into all IP-connected devices across all enterprise segments, including campus, data center, cloud and OT environments.
- See ALL devices and their compliance status in real time
- Map system dependencies across campus, data center, cloud and OT environments
- Enforce segmentation policies at network layer across heterogeneous infrastructure (switches, next-generation firewalls or software-defined networks)
- Correlate access and users (who is doing what, where, when and why)
- Continuously monitor devices and enforce segmentation policies
- Orchestrate data sharing and enforcement actions across Zero Trust extended framework
- Configure/support leading security or infrastructure vendors’ products running multiple technologies, including legacy systems and devices
Forescout Zero Trust Solution Brief
Forescout as a Zero Trust platform – Challenges and Solutions protecting devices, networks, and data across the business ecosystem.