Forescout CounterACT Wins Bench Tested Product of the Year at Network Computing Awards 2011
Cupertino, Calif. – April 14, 2011 – Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automated security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced that Forescout CounterACT, the company’s flagship Network Access Control (NAC) appliance, was awarded “Bench Tested Product of the Year” by Network Computing.
Judged on the product’s capability and application, Forescout CounterACT version 6.3.4 surpassed 12 other vendors in this prestigious category that gauges technical merit and suitability for purpose. The product features that shone through were summarized in Network Computing’s bench test article, as published in the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of the magazine:
- “For guest access, the registration processes have been enhanced so that you can apply authentication, compliancy checks, and NAC policies to guest users, tracking the access attempts that they make.”
- “[Forescout CounterACT’s]… provides full protection against the latest threats and its policy based security can significantly reduce support overheads.”
- Forescout CounterACT has “a sharp focus on the security issues posed by mobile devices and it can manage a wide range of products, including iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry, Android and Windows Mobile devices.”
- “Once CounterACT has admitted a device onto the network it can provide full protection against day-zero threats.”
- “Its ease of deployment and agentless operation makes CounterACT superior to other solutions in this market.”
“We are delighted to have won this prominent award, which demonstrates the ease of use, strength and breadth of automated security controls within Forescout CounterACT,” said Gord Boyce, CEO of Forescout. “We are committed to innovation and will continue to provide our customers with the means to enable increased accessibility, security and risk management.”
The Network Computing award follows similar product and company industry accolades including the Best Overall Security Company of the Year by the Info Security Product’s Guide and a 5-Star review in Secure Computing Magazine.
Forescout offers a more cost-effective and integrated solution for network access control (NAC), mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat management that overcomes the complexity, administrative burden and constraints of isolated network and endpoint protection approaches. Forescout CounterACT automated, extensible and scalable platform allows organizations to apply uniform security policies across a diverse array network and security infrastructure, by device and user – without requiring network changes or agents. The latest version builds upon prior success by extending the means to identify and monitor mobile devices in real-time.
Network Computing Editor, Ray Smyth said: “Access Control is an important line of Network defence and it needs awareness among users and our readers. Our review of CounterAct demonstrated the possibilities that NAC can offer and I recommend that those responsible for network and user security take a detailed and urgent look at their own NAC requirement.”