Cupertino, Calif. — November 22, 2011 — Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automated security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced it has achieved the industry’s highest level of security certification for a Network Access Control (NAC) solution involving assurances from the EAL 4+level. The certification provides Forescout’s government and other clients with high confidence in the implementation of security mechanisms in CounterACT.
“Achieving the demanding Common Criteria EAL4+ certification demonstrates that Forescout uses advanced means of designing and testing the security of its automated security control solutions,” said Brant Kennedy, vice president of worldwide sales at Forescout. “With EAL4+, government agencies can be assured that the specification, implementation and effectiveness of CounterACT for Network Access Control have been evaluated in a rigorous and standardized manner to meet their security and compliance needs.”
Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Levels (EAL) offer a simple scale for comparative measurement, enabling technology buyers to verify that products meet the security claims made by vendors. The comprehensive evaluation process attests to Forescout’s secure development practices.
Forescout’s award-winning CounterACT platform offers government enterprises real-time visibility and automated control for network access control (NAC), guest networking, mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat prevention. Other capabilities include:
- Integration and assured deployment – integrates enterprise-class NAC, network asset inventory, guest management and endpoint security functionality in one appliance that offers a hybrid approach for 802.1x and non-802.1x access and endpoint compliance; also facilitates federal and military organizations’ efforts to quickly satisfy “comply to connect” mandates
- Real-time, agentless visibility, asset inventory and endpoint control – automates device classification and provides dynamic, accurate and continuous monitoring of endpoint compliance
- Mobile security – delivers the capability to classify, report by brand and by user, and apply custom policies to corporate and personal smartphone and mobile devices without requiring agents
- Rich guest registration – a broad set of guest policies enables the flexibility to tighten, loosen and automatically set the guest registration process, enforcement and post-connect monitoring
- Interoperability and HBSS support – integrates with a variety of network, security, identity and systems management security infrastructure consolidation tools such as those from BMC, HP ArcSight and McAfee for greater situational intelligence and operational control; closes gaps in Host Based Security Systems (HBSS) by providing real-time means to assess and monitor endpoints and readily remediate policy violations and potential threats
- Easy to manage and scale – customers leverage an intuitive, roles-based administrative console, which is complemented by policy templates, customizable reporting and a Web portal; the platform streamlines the administration, access and maintenance of multiple CounterACT appliances; a single CounterACT console is capable of managing over 250,000 endpoints
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout enables its customers to unleash the full power of their network through enterprise-class security and control. Forescout’s automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, threat prevention and endpoint compliance empower organizations to gain access agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because Forescout security solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,000 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, Forescout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.