A research study to better understand the cybersecurity risks companies face while acquiring another company.
This study provides insight into the growing concern of cybersecurity risks and the importance of cybersecurity assessment during mergers and acquisitions (M&A). This survey-based study queried over 2,700 IT Decision Makers (ITDMs) and Business Decision Makers (BDMs) from around the world to:
- Better understand how cybersecurity is influencing the acquisition process
- Identify security challenges and risks facing companies looking to acquire
- Determine specific cybersecurity gaps in the M&A evaluation process
- Highlight the impact of insufficient due diligence measures; and
- Provide recommendations companies should consider before an acquisition to mitigate risks and reduce the probability of post-acquisition regret.