Feature Film (<3min.)
- Industry: Enterprise Security Infrastructure
- Solution: Real-time Network Security Platform
- Customers: over 1400 installations in 37 countries
- Markets: Financial services, federal government and defense, healthcare, manufacturing, education, retail, legal, entertainment and service providers
- Awards: Gartner, Inc. NAC 2012 and 2011 Magic Quadrant – Leader Quadrant; Frost & Sullivan Global NAC Technology Innovation Award 2012; The Forrester Wave™: Network Access Control, Q2 2011 – Leader Position; SC Magazine 2012 “Best NAC” Reader Trust Award Winner and NAC Group Test Best Buy, The Tolly Group – Certified 2012, 2012 Red Herring Top 100 Global Tech Startups, 2012 GSN Homeland Security Awards “Best Continuous Compliance”, CC EAL 4+ Certification.
- Founded: 2000 (privately held, profitable 2H-10)
- Growth: In excess of 44% YOY
- Employees: 185+
- Locations: Cupertino (HQ), Tel Aviv (R&D), London and Hong Kong
- CEO: Gord Boyce
- Key investors: Accel Partners, Amadeus Capital Partners, Meritech Capital Partners and Pitango Venture Capital
ForeScout Technologies is a leading provider of real-time network security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations. With ForeScout, organizations can accelerate productivity and connectivity by enabling people to access corporate network resources where, how and when needed without compromising security.
The Challenge – Empowering Greater Accessibility and Security
To help their business run faster and smarter, IT managers are being pressed to grant network access
- from more types of people (employees, guests, contractors)
- to more types of devices (laptops, smartphones, tablets)
- via more types of access methods (wired, wireless, VPN)
The IT challenge is how to do this without compromising security and risking problems such as:
- unauthorized data access and leakage
- attacks by zero-day threats
- policy violations spurred by VM sprawl and unwelcome applications
The Answer – ForeScout CounterACT
ForeScout solves the accessibility challenge with a family of automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, threat prevention and endpoint compliance. ForeScout’s solutions empower organizations to gain access agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs.
ForeScout CounterACT allows IT organizations to readily understand and control how all users, systems and devices, including mobile devices and VMs, access network resources and applications. Once you configure your security policies within CounterACT, the system automatically:
- enforces network access policy
- controls mobile and personal device access
- eliminates network intrusion threats
- finds and fixes gaps in endpoint security
ForeScout CounterACT can dynamically remediate violations, such as an out-of-date anti-virus, a misconfigured personal firewall, or de-activated encryption software, without help desk and operations intervention – ensuring endpoint integrity and saving our customers time and money.
ForeScout’s CounterACT platform is fast, flexible and easy for administrators to deploy, manage and maintain. Everything is contained within a single appliance that seamlessly integrates into your existing environment, offering day-one results with no changes to your network.
While CounterACT can identify and provide network-based control mechanism for managed and personal mobile devices, ForeScout’s mobile security product line provides a flexible means to effectuate “bring your own device” policy. The mobile security suite offers native iOS and Android device-level security, mobile device management (MDM) integration, as well as a cloud-based, enterprise mobile device lifecycle management. As a result, IT organizations gain a cost-effective means to meet the demand for greater accessibility and the productivity benefits of personal mobile devices while maintaining control.
Increased access agility, visibility and control – that’s what we call “Access Ability”.