Forescout Technologies Recognized as a Leader in the 2011 Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control
Forescout Recognized for Completeness of Vision and Ability to Execute
Cupertino, Calif. — December 13, 2011 — Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automated security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced that it has been positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant of Gartner, Inc.’s “Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control.”1 The Magic Quadrant analysis is based on Gartner’s assessment of a company’s completeness of vision and ability to execute.
According to Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control2, leaders are successful in selling large NAC implementations (10,000 nodes and greater) to multiple large enterprises. Leaders are pure-play NAC vendors or networking and/or security companies that have been first to market with enhanced capabilities as the market matures. Leaders have the resources to maintain their commitment to NAC, have strong channel strength and have financial resources. They have also demonstrated a strong understanding of the future direction of NAC, including the impact of BYOD and guest networking. Leaders should not equate to a default choice for every buyer, and clients should not assume that they must buy only from vendors in the Leaders quadrant.
“Forescout is consistently picked as the vender of choice for NAC solutions, and as a pure-play NAC solution, we have superior interoperability and more rapid deployment than our competitors,” said Gord Boyce, CEO of Forescout Technologies. “We believe this latest analysis reaffirms what our customers have been telling us – Forescout is a NAC leader. We have a distinct advantage of offering the industry’s most innovative solutions for NAC and mobile security that provides our customers greater flexibility, scalability, assured results and ongoing value.”
The consumerization of IT is a leading security issue facing IT organizations and an area where Forescout has stayed ahead of its NAC competitors. More and more employees are using personal mobile devices to access corporate network resources and sensitive information. Forescout CounterACT allows companies to let their employees and guests seamlessly use personal devices on the network without compromising security.
According to Gartner: “Consumerization is an unstoppable trend, and most organizations need to demonstrate flexibility and allow employees to use their personal devices for work. But, they also need to establish limits and not permit every device, every operating system and every configuration. Although approaches such as server-based computing and virtualization will also be used to deal with consumerization, NAC provides the flexibility that enterprises need in a BYOD environment, while providing the controls that enable network and security managers to retain control over the network.3
Forescout CounterACT is an automated security control platform that allows you to see and control everything that is connected to the network. Delivered as a fully integrated appliance (physical or virtual), CounterACT is simple to deploy – it requires no agents and leverages your existing network. CounterACT use cases include:
- BYOD and mobile security – Provides real-time visibility of personal mobile devices on your network, and allows you to apply custom policies to control network resource access based on devices type and ownership without requiring agents.
- Guest networking – Rich guest registration provides a broad set of guest policies that enable the flexibility to tighten, loosen and automatically set the guest registration process, enforcement and post-connect monitoring.
- Endpoint compliance – Automated, built-in and extensible security controls allow you to see and control everything that is connected to the network – managed and unmanaged, known and unknown, physical and virtual.
- Threat prevention – CounterACT identifies rogue devices, stops known and unknown attacks and blocks malicious behavior from network connected devices in real-time, safeguarding against modern day cyber threats such as zero-day attacks, low-and-slow attacks, propagating worms and Advanced Persistent Threats (APT).
- NAC-as-a-Service – Managed Service Providers (MSPs) can and offer mid-tier, large and government enterprises the CounterACT platform as a private or hybrid cloud-based service.
- Government agencies – A Common Criteria EAL 4+ level certified solution, CounterACT facilitates federal and military organizations’ efforts to quickly satisfy “comply to connect” mandates through a hybrid approach for 802.1x and non-802.1x access and endpoint compliance.
- Interoperability and HBSS support – Integrates with a variety of network, security, identity and systems management solution such as those from BMC, HP ArcSight and McAfee for greater situational awareness and operational control. The solution closes gaps in Host Based Security Systems (HBSS) by providing real-time intelligence and assessment of endpoints, as well as the ability to automate the remediation of policy violations and potential threats.
- Large scale IT infrastructure security – A single CounterACT console is capable of managing over 250,000 endpoints.
To get more information about Forescout’s CounterACT for network access control (NAC), visit us online, email [email protected] or call us at 1.866.377.8771. To receive a complimentary copy of Gartner, Inc. Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control, visit http://resources.forescout.com/gartner.html.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout enables its customers to unleash the full power of their network through enterprise-class security and control. Forescout’s automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, threat prevention and endpoint compliance empower organizations to gain access agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because security solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,000 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, Forescout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
1, 2 Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control,” Report G00219752, December 8, 2011, Lawrence Orans, John Pescatore.
3 “Strategic Road Map for Network Access Control,” Gartner, October 2011, Lawrence Orans and John Pescatore.
Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. Forescout, the Forescout logo, CounterACT and ActiveResponse are trademarks of Forescout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.