BYOD and Continuous Compliance Trends Drive Forescout to Achieve Record Bookings and Customer Growth
Read the release for: US | DACH
Cupertino, Calif. January 17, 2013 — Forescout Technologies, Inc., the leading provider of real-time network security solutions for Global 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced record corporate growth in 2012. Fueled by massive adoption of BYOD in the enterprise and market leading innovations in network access control (NAC) and endpoint compliance, the company’s bookings increased by more than 66 percent while its installed base grew to 1,400 global customers in 2012.
There were many drivers for NAC growth in 2012, but none as strong as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). According to Gartner1, “The BYOD trend continues to be the major driver in NAC adoption. NAC vendors must have flexible approaches (partnerships and/or internally developed capabilities) for enforcing policies on the use of personally owned devices. Mobility and BYOD trends have increased demand, and the largest NAC suppliers have seen strong increases in growth. Driven by these trends, we expect market growth of approximately 63 percent in 2013 as businesses are spending on mobile device management (MDM) and NAC as the primary means for meeting demand of personally owned smartphones and tablets, while containing risks.”
“We continue to see substantial global demand for tools that provide real-time visibility and automated control given that IT must embrace greater device, application, user and access diversity,” said Gord Boyce, CEO of Forescout. “I’m proud of our team’s ability to manage growth and meet evolving customer requirements. As we look to 2013, we’ll continue to innovate and help our customers secure enterprise mobility and endpoint compliance.”
During the year, Forescout received recognition from a number of prestigious organizations. The company was positioned in the “Leaders” quadrant in the Gartner Inc. 2012 Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control (NAC). Frost & Sullivan acclaimed Forescout as the largest independent NAC vendor and one that is growing the fastest in the market. Forescout also earned the following awards:
- Red Herring Global 100 and Red Herring Top 100 North America High Tech Startup
- SC Magazine Innovator Award, 5-star rating and Readers Trust Award for Best NAC Product
- Network Computing’s Security Award for Best Network Access Solution of the Year
- Government Security News Homeland Security Award for Continuous Compliance
- Frost & Sullivan’s Global Technology Innovator Award for Network Access Control
- CRN named Gord Boyce to Top 100 Channel Executives
Innovations and partnerships also figured prominently in Forescout’s 2012 achievements. As the world’s largest independent NAC vendor, the company was the first-to-market and continues to provide the most flexible approach to secure BYOD:
- Network-based mobile device security with rich guest management
- Extensive wireless infrastructure integration and monitoring
- Granular Android and iOS device security via Forescout Mobile
- Bi-directional integration with leading mobile device management (MDM) platforms
- Cloud-based, advanced mobile device lifecycle management via Forescout MDM
The company’s flagship product, Forescout CounterACT 7™, reset the bar on NAC usability, functionality and scale with over four-dozen new and enhanced features:
- Hybrid 802.1x- and non-802.1x-based device authentication and enforcement
- Built-in RADIUS, RADIUS proxy and agentless authentication for easier and faster deployment
- Dynamic tactical map, advanced search and troubleshooting tools to enhance IT responsiveness
- Instant interoperability: network, wireless, mobile, security and identity infrastructure and data
- Scalability to manage 10,000 devices delivered from one physical or virtual CT-10000 appliance
Forescout also extended ecosystem relationships so customers can optimize their IT investments:
- Achieved Sales Teaming Partner status in the McAfee Security Innovation Alliance™ (SIA) program; McAfee now presents Forescout CounterACT as its preferred NAC platform to existing and prospective McAfee NAC customers
- Expanded continuous compliance partnerships yielding superior integration among leading security information event management (SIEM) platforms including HP ArcSight, McAfee, RSA, IBM/ Q1-Labs and others
- Advanced MDM integration with Fiberlink and soon other leading mobile device management platforms
To receive a complimentary copy of the 2012 Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control,” visit http://resources.forescout.com/gartner.html. To get more information about Forescout CounterACT 7 visit //www.forescout.com/go7 or call us at 1.866.377.8771.
Tweet This: BYOD Trend Propels Record Bookings and Customer Growth for Forescout http://hub.am/XGK7Ms
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout enables organizations to accelerate productivity and connectivity by allowing users to access corporate network resources where, how and when needed without compromising security. Forescout’s real-time network security platform for access control, mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat prevention empower IT agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because the Forescout CounterACT solution is easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, it has been chosen by more than 1,400 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, Forescout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. Forescout, the Forescout logo, CounterACT and ActiveResponse are trademarks of Forescout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control,” report G00238941, December 3, 2012, Lawrence Orans, John Pescatore.