This is an update to a previous alert issued on February 5th, 2018. It includes:
- Resolution for customers running CounterACT Service Pack v2.3.x.
- Resolution for customers running Service Pack 3.0.0 that does not require upgrading to version 3.0.1.
|Products applicable to this communication are as follows:|
A group of researchers have disclosed vulnerabilities impacting CPUs of over two dozen manufacturers, including Intel, AMD and ARM. The vulnerabilities known as Spectre and Meltdown take advantage of a feature in chips known as speculative execution. Several vulnerabilities, as identified by the following CVEs, were found to be affecting all modern Intel CPUs:
- CVE-2017-5753 (Spectre) – Variant #1
- CVE-2017-5715 (Spectre) – Variant #2
- CVE-2017-5754 (Meltdown) – Variant #3
Resolutions for CounterACT:
ForeScout has released the following resolutions to the Variant #1 and Variant #3 above as follows:
- Customers on CounterACT Service Pack v3.0.1 should upgrade to CounterACT Operating System Update version 126.96.36.199.
- Customers on CounterACT Service Pack v2.3.2 to v3.0.0 should upgrade to CounterACT Operating System Update version 188.8.131.5206
For additional information, please refer to KnowledgeBase Articles #5012, #5032, #5055 and #5080. The KnowledgeBase articles can be accessed via the Forescout Support Portal using your ActiveCare login credentials. The KnowledgeBase articles also have links to the ForeScout Security Advisory for your reference. In case of any questions please contact email@example.com.
THIS NOTIFICATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND DOES NOT IMPLY ANY KIND OF GUARANTEE OR WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE. YOUR USE OF THE INFORMATION IN THIS ALERT OR MATERIALS LINKED FROM THIS ALERT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. FORESCOUT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR UPDATE THIS ALERT AT ANY TIME.
© 2018. ForeScout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. ForeScout, the ForeScout logo, ControlFabric, CounterACT Edge, ActiveResponse and CounterACT (as applicable) are trademarks or registered trademarks of ForeScout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.