In July 2017, Adobe announced that it will stop supporting Flash Player after December 31, 2020 (“EOL Date”). After the EOL Date, Adobe does not intend to issue Flash Player updates and security patches. Also, beginning January 12, 2021, Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player. Adobe strongly recommends that all users immediately uninstall Flash Player and the company will continue to prompt users to uninstall Flash Player. It is important to note that by January 2021, leading browser vendors, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft and Mozilla, will no longer support Flash.
The Forescout “legacy” Dashboard (a browser-based portal) uses Flash widgets and is available in the following Forescout products:
- CounterACT 7.0.0 – the only Dashboard portal in the product. Also referred to as the “Executive Dashboard”. For details refer to the CounterACT Console User Manual, Chapter 16: The Executive Dashboard, section Access the Dashboard.
- CounterACT 8.0.x and the Forescout platform, version 8.1.x and above – the “legacy” Dashboard portal is available in the product, which is the same Dashboard portal that is available in CounterACT 7.0.0. For details refer to the Forescout Administration Guide, Chapter 9: Forescout Web Portals, section Logging In to Forescout Web Portals.
When Flash EOL is in effect, customer browsers, most likely, will be unable to display widgets in the Forescout “legacy” Dashboard portal, which essentially renders the Forescout “legacy” Dashboard portal unusable.
- It is important to emphasize that the Flash EOL situation does not affect any other CounterACT/Forescout platform browser-based portals.
Forescout strongly recommends disabling the Forescout “legacy” Dashboard portal. Use the Forescout Console to perform this task, as follows:
- In your Console, select Options > General > Web Server Configuration > Disable Web Portals.
- For a CounterACT 7.0.0 deployment, select the option Dashboard Portal.
- For other CounterACT/Forescout platform deployments, select the option Legacy Dashboard Portal
Forescout also strongly recommends CounterACT/Forescout platform deployments, version 8.0.x and above, to use the new Dashboard portal, which does not contain Flash and includes all the functionality of the Forescout “legacy” Dashboard.
For More Information
For more information about the Adobe Flash EOL announcement, click here.
For more information about working with Forescout products, access the Forescout Technical Documentation Portal.
Questions? Contact Forescout Customer Care via the Forescout Customer Support Portal.