TechValidate research results show Forescout delivers comprehensive and valued
network visibility, endpoint compliance and ease of use
CAMPBELL, Calif. — Dec. 16, 2013—Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of pervasive network security solutions for Global 2000 enterprises and government organizations, today released results of independent research conducted by TechValidate, showing that customers who deployed the Forescout CounterACT® platform enjoyed a strong return on investment (ROI) and were highly satisfied with their CounterACT implementation. Of the respondents, 93 percent indicated the product overwhelmingly exceeded or met the ROI requirements, and 94 percent stated they were likely to recommend it to colleagues.
TechValidate, an independent research organization, conducted the study of Forescout’s global customers. The survey delved into how CounterACT works with survey respondents citing the top five solutions to critical security concerns:
- Gaining visibility across all assets attempting to access network resources
- Eliminating the risk of rogue endpoints, users and applications on the network
- Assuring that endpoint configuration and security agents are installed, active and up-to-date
- Identifying and enforcing endpoint compliance policy
- Controlling employee guest access (including BYOD devices)
Customers gave CounterACT consistently high scores for ease of deployment and use, which was also the number one driver for customers’ purchase of the solution. This was followed by CounterACT’s ability to provide real-time intelligence on all network assets, as well as to discover and mitigate unmanaged and rogue devices.
Survey results pointed to critical security functions where CounterACT was highly differentiated against competitive solutions, including Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE). Sixty-seven percent of respondents looked at Cisco solutions before selecting CounterACT. In a series of questions, customers identified that CounterACT was extremely differentiated or differentiated in these key areas:
- Breadth of overall functionality (96%)
- Range of policy assessment and enforcement options (92%)
- Ease of installation and operation (91%)
- Range of wireless and mobile device management support (89%)
- Range of network and security infrastructure integration (88%)
- Management and scalability (88%)
- Range of endpoint remediation options (87%)
- Cost effectiveness / ROI / Total cost of ownership (86%)
“We are not surprised by the results of the TechValidate survey; it underscores the great effort Forescout takes in listening to our customers, building solutions to meet their needs and enabling them to optimize their investment,” stated Scott Gordon, chief marketing officer at Forescout. “We want our customers to gain results right from the start, successfully achieve their immediate objectives and expand the use across the product lifecycle. CounterACT’s ease of use, deployment flexibility, breadth of features and scalability help to ensure customer satisfaction and product value.”
As part of the TechValidate research, survey respondents are able to provide insight into the capabilities and usefulness of the Forescout CounterACT platform. A small sampling of customer comments include:
- In describing CounterACT’s comparative value, a large enterprise industrial manufacturing customer said, “The depth of visibility that Forescout CounterACT provides into devices that are accessing our network is unparalleled with any other available technology. The interface is simple and very easy to use but deep enough to give us the needed network device granularity.”
- An S&P 500 electronics customer reinforced how easy CounterACT is to deploy by claiming, “In a relatively short time we were able to implement two guest access policies and block wireless mobile devices and guest conference rooms. Forescout CounterACT also gave us complete visibility into all assets globally, and the scalability helped implement the solution globally.”
- A network manager from an enterprise computer software company added, “Forescout has greatly assisted me in resolving multiple issues from rogue access, limiting guest access and finding potential virus breakouts. With its ease of use and deployment, I find Forescout to be very useful.”
For all results of the TechValidate survey, please visit www.forescout.com/techvalidate-results.
Tweet This: TechValidate Research Reveals High Satisfaction and Strong ROI for Forescout Customers http://bit.ly/IPr2po
TechValidate is a trusted third-party service that verifies the usage, configuration, and benefits of technology products and services. The company directly interfaces with business and technology end users to collect and validate information about their deployments. TechValidate’s promise to the end-user community is to provide unbiased, verified information about the usage and benefits of technology products and services. More information is available at www.techvalidate.com.
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout delivers pervasive network security by allowing organizations to continuously monitor and mitigate security exposures and cyberattacks. The company’s CounterACT platform dynamically identifies and assesses all network users, endpoints and applications to provide complete visibility, intelligence and policy-based mitigation of security issues. Forescout’s open ControlFabric technology allows a broad range of IT security products and management systems to share information and automate remediation actions. Because Forescout’s solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, flexible and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,500 enterprises and government agencies. Headquartered in Campbell, California, Forescout offers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at: www.forescout.com.
Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. Forescout, the Forescout logo and CounterACT® are trademarks of Forescout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.