Interoperability between Forescout CounterACT and SAP Afaria offers comprehensive approach to accelerate corporate and personal mobile device visibility, management and control
CAMPBELL, Calif. October 29, 2013—Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of pervasive network security solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced interoperability between Forescout CounterACT® network security and SAP Afaria mobile device management (MDM) platforms. The combination enables companies to accelerate and fortify the provisioning, administration and security of corporate and personal mobile devices, applications and data in the enterprise.
“Organizations are looking for an integrated approach to manage and secure the invasion of employee-liable devices connecting to corporate networks, particularly at a time when BYOD is so prevalent,” said Chris Hazelton, research director for mobile and wireless at 451 Research. “We see strong synergy between network access control (NAC) and MDM in their capabilities to provide visibility into devices regardless of ownership – corporate or personal. The pairing of NAC with MDM technologies offers organizations the means to easily identify who and what type of device is connecting to the enterprise, to automatically enroll and monitor roles-based controls for any device and user and to secure the growing movement of corporate data across smartphones and tablets.”
“IT organizations want to rapidly and cost-effectively adopt BYOD without compromising security – giving appropriate access to corporate resources, data and applications that take full advantage of mobile platforms and cloud ubiquity,” said Gil Friedrich, vice president of technology for Forescout. “Through this integration, SAP customers can utilize the rich enterprise mobile device, data and application management provided by SAP Afaria with advanced network visibility and control afforded by Forescout.”
Together, Forescout CounterACT and SAP Afaria offer enterprises the means to:
- See and detect all unmanaged, corporate and personal mobile devices, such as iPads, iPhones and Androids and other devices attempting to connect to the corporate network via Wi-Fi or over-the-air
- Readily apply security policy based on user, role and device in order to automatically limit access, manage as guest or enroll in SAP Afaria MDM
- Trigger SAP Afaria to profile check managed devices upon network resource request to detect jail-broken, rooted and non-compliant handhelds and to restrict access until the device adheres to policy
- Fortify a range of user, device, application and data policies though network-enforced controls, such as password strength, configuration, application use, encryption and data protection
- Provide powerful compliance rules engines at the device and network level, that support on-demand and automated responses such as reconfigure, remote wipe and network reassignment
- Provide unified visibility and reporting for all mobile endpoint devices including PCs, smartphones, tablets and laptops through the Forescout CounterACT platform
The integration between Forescout CounterACT and SAP Afaria MDM is provided via the Forescout MDM Integration Module, which is an add-on to Forescout CounterACT, the company’s award-winning network security solution. Forescout CounterACT is a real-time security solution that delivers complete visibility and automated control for all devices, users, systems and applications attempting to connect to or on an enterprise network – wired or wireless, managed or unmanaged, PC, VM, embedded or mobile.
To learn more about the Forescout CounterACT, SAP Afaria approach, users and partners are invited to download a solution brief and attend a joint webinar to be held Nov. 18, entitled “Securing Successful BYOD and Enterprise Mobility” by registering at http://www2.forescout.com/sap_afaria.
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout delivers pervasive network security by allowing organizations to continuously monitor and mitigate security exposures and cyber attacks. The company’s CounterACT appliance dynamically identifies and assesses all network users, endpoints and applications to provide complete visibility, intelligence and policy-based mitigation of security issues. Forescout’s open ControlFabric technology allows a broad range of IT security products and management systems to share information and automate remediation actions. Because Forescout’s solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, flexible and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,500 enterprises and government agencies. Headquartered in Campbell, California, Forescout offers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at: www.forescout.com.
Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. Forescout, the Forescout logo, CounterACT® and ControlFabric are trademarks of Forescout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.