The Integration of NAC and MDM Provides Wide-Ranging Device Support and Security
for Flexible, Cost-effective Approach to Enterprise Mobility
CUPERTINO, Calif. and ATLANTA —February 5, 2013— Forescout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of real-time network security solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, and AirWatch, the largest mobile device management (MDM) provider in the world, today announced a partnership to deliver a comprehensive mobile security solution that combines the benefits of Forescout’s network access control offerings with AirWatch’s MDM solution. As a result, companies can quickly enable enterprise mobility and bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies that are flexible, scalable and secure.
“Companies are looking for an integrated approach to manage and secure the invasion of employee-liable devices connecting to corporate networks, particularly in BYOD environments,” said Chris Hazelton, research director for mobile and wireless at 451 Research. “We see strong synergy between NAC and MDM in their capabilities to provide visibility into devices regardless of ownership – corporate or personal. The combination of NAC with MDM technologies offers organizations the means to easily identify who and what type of device is connecting to the enterprise, to automatically enroll and monitor roles-based controls for any device and user, and to secure the movement of corporate data across smartphones and tablets.”
“IT organizations need solutions that help them easily manage enterprise accessibility and meet BYOD demands regardless of the types of users and devices connecting to their networks,” said Gord Boyce, CEO of Forescout. “The Forescout-AirWatch partnership delivers a layered approach to overcome the unique challenges of BYOD via integrated mobile device visibility, end-to-end management and security.”
Together Forescout CounterACT™ and AirWatch MDM offer enterprises:
- Security automation to dynamically detect unmanaged devices in real-time — such as iPads, iPhones and Androids attempting to connect to the corporate network— and to readily gain network and device-based controls for a variety of actions including: allow, block, limit, register as guest, segregate, and initiate device compliance inspection.
- Automated installation of AirWatch’s MDM agent on unmanaged devices through a simple automated self-enrollment process.
- Detection of jail-broken and rooted devices with the means to negate or limit access until remediated.
- Real-time mobile device compliance re-assessment whenever a mobile device tries to connect to an enterprise WiFi network.
- Over-the-air device configuration and corporate app catalog management to instantly provision access to corporate email, WiFi, VPN and applications.
- Enforcement of passcode policies and strong encryption keys to protect sensitive data on mobile devices.
- Mobile application blacklisting, minimum OS level verification and device feature restrictions.
- The ability to remotely locate, lock and fully or selectively wipe lost or stolen devices.
- Powerful compliance rules engine, at the device and network level, with automated responses for defined events and contextual changes.
- Unified visibility, control and compliance reporting for all mobile endpoint devices including PCs, smartphones, tablets, and laptops through the Forescout CounterACT platform.
“It is imperative that organizations recognize the importance of deploying a comprehensive security strategy that encompasses network access control, mobile device management and mobile application management,” said John Marshall, president and CEO, AirWatch. “By partnering with Forescout, we provide a comprehensive solution that solves the enterprise mobility challenges organizations are facing.”
The integration between Forescout CounterACT and AirWatch MDM is provided by Forescout Mobile™, which is an add-on module to Forescout CounterACT, the company’s award-winning network access control platform. By providing a range of mobile security solutions, Forescout allows IT organizations to phase-in BYOD and “right size” their mobile security investments. The price of the Forescout Mobile integration module for 1,000 devices or more is $18 per device (perpetual). The integration will be available by March 1.
To learn more about the joint Forescout-AirWatch mobile security solution, attend AirWatch Connect 2013, Feb 25-28 in Barcelona during Mobile World Congress.
AirWatch is the global leader in mobile device security and management (MDM) systems, and, with 5,300 customers and nearly 1,000 global associates, is more than twice the size of any other MDM company. Having no outside capital, AirWatch is predominately funded by operating cash flow, resulting in an estimated install base four to five times larger than any other MDM provider. The largest customer base, combined with the largest research and development team in the industry, allows AirWatch to provide the broadest functionality at the lowest cost. This, combined with a scalable high-availability architecture, results in virtually every mobility project with more than 20,000 devices being managed by AirWatch. Examples of this market leadership include the top four global Fortune companies, nine of the top 10 U.S. retailers, six of the top 10 global airlines, the top four global energy companies, six of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies, seven of the top 10 global CPG companies, three of the top five U.S. medical device companies, five of the top 10 global luxury goods companies and two of the top three global hotel groups.
For more information, visit www.air-watch.com.
Tweet this: AirWatch & Forescout combine NAC & MDM for comprehensive mobile device support and security for BYOD http://hub.am/XBgSbs
About Forescout Technologies, Inc.
Forescout enables organizations to accelerate productivity and connectivity by allowing users to access corporate network resources where, how and when needed without compromising security. Forescout’s real-time network security platform for access control, mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat prevention empowers IT agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because the Forescout CounterACT solution is easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, it has been chosen by more than 1,400 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, Forescout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
Forescout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. Forescout, the Forescout logo, CounterACT and ActiveResponse are trademarks of Forescout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.