ForeScout Recognized as the Largest Independent Vendor and the Fastest Growing Among Leaders in the Network Access Control Market
Cupertino, Calif. — April 11, 2012 — ForeScout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automated security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, today announced that Frost & Sullivan has recognized ForeScout as the largest independent NAC vendor and one that is growing the fastest among leaders in the network access control (NAC) market.
According to a Frost & Sullivan analysis of the network access control market, published in February 2012, the three best selling NAC solutions are respectively Cisco, ForeScout and Juniper, which represent over 63% of the NAC market. ForeScout was assessed as being the largest pure-play NAC vendor and as having the highest growth rate among NAC market leaders.1 To obtain an abridged copy of Frost & Sullivan 2012 NAC market analysis, visit www.forescout.com/frost2012.
The comprehensive NAC market analysis highlights key drivers, technology trends and required product competence. In particular, the report outlines product features that are considered best practices for a successful NAC deployment, including:
- Deployment ease with reference to out-of-band appliance models.
- Broad enforcement and endpoint control including notifications, logging, grace periods, automated guest registration, user-guided remediation, automated remediation, and quarantine.
- Agentless approach with the option of an endpoint agent based on use case.
- Out-of-the-box integration with a broad range of network and security systems and brands.
ForeScout’s automated security control platform meets and exceeds these NAC deployment best practices. CounterACT, available as scalable physical and virtual appliance, offers IT organizations:
- Superior ease-of-use, integrated functionality, vendor interoperability and scalability.
- 802.1x and non-802.1x/agentless approach for trusted network access.
- Faster deployment with less operational impact and without substantial network changes.
- Mobile security policy support across the bring your own device (BYOD) adoption spectrum, including native iOS and Android device support and MDM integration options.
- Built-in and extensible policies with automated device classification, flexible enforcement and robust remediation options.
- Means to centrally see and automatically apply policy for up to 400,000 endpoints from one roles-based console.
- Easier administration, enterprise-class functionality, rapid deployment, plug-and-play architecture and scalability that assure results at a lower total cost of ownership.
“Our automated security control platform delivers comparatively faster deployment, greater value and the higher ROI for network access control that customers require. As a result, ForeScout is seeing phenomenal growth upmarket and across industry,” said Brant Kennedy, vice president of worldwide sales at ForeScout Technologies. “We appreciate global research firms, such as Frost & Sullivan, informing the IT buyer community about the NAC market resurgence, BYOD/mobile security options, and respective vendor capabilities.”
About ForeScout Technologies, Inc.
ForeScout enables organizations to accelerate productivity and connectivity by allowing users to access corporate network resources where, how and when needed without compromising security. ForeScout’s automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, endpoint compliance and threat prevention empower IT agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because the ForeScout CounterACT platform is easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, it has been chosen by more than 1,300 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, ForeScout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide. Learn more at www.forescout.com.
1 Frost & Sullivan, Analysis of the Network Access Control Market, Report NAD5-01, by Chris Rodriguez, March 2012. The full report is available at www.frost.com/nad5.
ForeScout Technologies, Inc. is a privately held Delaware corporation. ForeScout, the ForeScout logo, CounterACT and ActiveResponse are trademarks of ForeScout. Other names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.