Cupertino, Calif. — September 7, 2011 — ForeScout Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of automated security control solutions for Fortune 1000 enterprises and government organizations, announced that the company’s flagship product, CounterACT, earned “Five Stars” and was named “Best Buy” in SC Magazine’s network access control (NAC) Group Test. After thorough testing and analysis, reviewer Nathan Ouellette summarized the verdict as, “A robust NAC solution with plenty of features and a great price point.”
The SC Magazine review highlights a variety of CounterACT’s notable capabilities and innovations in the 6.3.4 release, which include:
- A great number of administrative and NAC-related features with choice of hardware or virtual appliance
- An intuitive and slick reporting dashboard with many useful features and granular options under the hood
- A good amount of flexibility in the deployment considerations including using existing 802.1x features
- Easy asset classification which makes reporting and filtering the data easy and helps tremendously when investigating a possible rogue or unknown device
- Excellent supporting documentation and a useful support portal
The honor was the latest garnered by ForeScout for its CounterACT solution, which is sweeping the NAC field – winning awards, accolades and great reviews.
- Named Computer Technology Review Editor’s Choice, with the reviewer Mark Brownstein stating, “I found CounterACT to be a multi-faceted, extremely powerful, exceptionally flexible and exquisitely configurable system for protecting networks of all sizes,” and “… both integrated and agentless, it offers a significant bang for the buck.”
- Called the “Appliance of the Future” by CRN Labs Reviews’ Eddie Correia, who said that the CounterACT virtual appliance “offers the reseller a wealth of opportunities to offer services while also freeing up IT resources for other activities. For its power, simplicity and revenue potential, the CRN Test Center recommends ForeScout’s CounterACT.”
- Awarded “Bench Tested Product of the Year” by Network Computing. Judged on the product’s capability and application, the overall review concludes: “Its ease of deployment and agentless operation makes CounterACT superior to other solutions in this market. Its ability to combine NAC with IPS functions allows it to provide full protection against the latest threats and its policy based security can significantly reduce support overheads.
- Ranked by Forrester Research as NAC top performer in offering and strategy execution.
“Winning this impressive string of honors and accolades testifies to our exceptional dedication to lead and constantly innovate in the NAC industry,” said Gord Boyce, ForeScout’s CEO. “It is gratifying to gain so much recognition for our effectiveness in creating solutions that enhance ‘access ability’ for our clients while maintaining the highest levels of usability and security.”
About ForeScout Technologies, Inc.
ForeScout enables its customers to unleash the full power of their network through enterprise-class security and control. ForeScout’s automated solutions for network access control, mobile security, threat prevention and endpoint compliance empower organizations to gain access agility while preempting risks and eliminating remediation costs. Because ForeScout security solutions are easy to deploy, unobtrusive, intelligent and scalable, they have been chosen by more than 1,000 of the world’s most secure enterprises and military installations for global deployments spanning 37 countries. Headquartered in Cupertino, California, ForeScout delivers its solutions through its network of authorized partners worldwide.