About this time last year, we announced our ControlFabric integration technology and partner program – an initiative that enables formerly disparate IT security products to dynamically share information, and allows our customers to more rapidly and efficiently mitigate a wide variety of network, security and operational issues. Since then, we’ve teamed up with many leading network, security and IT management vendors to deliver unique and powerful integrations that allow companies to better leverage infrastructure investments, optimize IT resources, and help achieve continuous monitoring and mitigation capabilities.
Over the past year, we’ve enjoyed good success in building our technology partner program, and are excited to announce our newest ControlFabric partner – Palo Alto Networks. Forescout and Palo Alto Networks have worked to integrate Forescout CounterACT with Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls and WildFire™ advanced threat detection platform.
These integrations enable companies to enforce identity and role-based access to network resources and applications, ensure endpoint compliance, and rapidly identify, contain and respond to advanced threats and security breaches.
The key benefits include:
- Real-time intelligence about the endpoints, users, applications and risks on your network, including unauthorized devices and BYOD endpoints owned by employees, guests and contractors, without the need for agents.
- Continuous monitoring and mitigation to reduce endpoint attack surface and enterprise risk. Ensure that endpoints have up-to-date security defenses and mitigate security gaps on endpoints connecting to your network.
- User identity-based access to applications and content regardless of device type, ownership, IP address or location the user connects from. Forescout CounterACT sends real-time user-to-device mapping information gleaned during the network access process to your Palo Alto Networks firewalls to enforce identity-based firewall rules.
- Detection of advanced threats and zero-day malware via Palo Alto Networks WildFire platform and Forescout’s ActiveResponse technology. WildFire shares attack information and indicators of compromise (IOCs) with CounterACT for further IOC scanning and detection of infected/compromised hosts.
- Rapid response to compromised devices on your network to prevent threat propagation and data breaches. CounterACT quarantines infected endpoints and automates other risk mitigation actions.
For more information on how Forescout CounterACT works with Palo Alto Networks WildFire and other leading advanced threat detection products to facilitate risk mitigation and threat defense, visit Advance Threat Detection (ATD).