Tradeshow Checklist: Comfortable Shoes, Coffee, Coffee and more Coffee.
There was something special about this show. Whether it was 45,000 attendees rushing to the floor every morning to keep up on the latest trends in Healthcare and IT, or crazy booth demonstrations like live models in hospital beds and nightgowns, it was definitely a sight to see. Through all of this fanfare, Forescout stood tall amongst it all.
Forescout’s booth was located in the picture-perfect hot spot, “Cyber Security Command Center.” The Command Center was the place to be with security partners like LogRhythm, CyberArk, Splunk and more. All foot traffic coming by our booth wanted to learn more about our agentless visibility/control into Internet of Things (IoT), BioMedical, guest and their corporate devices.
So what were the common themes we heard among Healthcare IT Security teams?
- Medical Vendors make it difficult to meet security and compliance requirements internally
- Hospitals do not have a comprehensive view into who/what is connected to their network
- Agent based tools are not an option in Healthcare, with IoT, BioMedical, and all of the transient devices (surgeons, clinicians, physicians iPads)
- Medical Device Segmentation is on the “To Do” List
- Patient care is #1, and they cannot impact end users ability to connect to the network
Forescout’s very own customer spoke on how we can help with the list above in a Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) General Session. Who better to cover what Forescout CounterACT® does than those using us daily?