-Mike Carr, IT Security Manager, SITA UK
- Each day over 12,000,000 residential customers utilize SITA UK’s recycling and waste management services. SITA employs over 6,000 people across 220 locations.
- To ensure security, SITA UK needed a way to ensure that all devices connected to its network were authorized and running up-to-date software.
- SITA UK evaluated several NAC solutions. First they looked at the NAC solution provided their router/switch provider. They rejected this solution because it would require that SITA upgrade or replace much of their existing network hardware.
- ForeScout CounterACT came out on top. According to SITA’s MIS Security and Unified Communications Manager, Mike Carr: “CounterACT met all of our varied requirements. It ensured all devices on our network were authorized and were running up-to-date software. It plugged right into our existing architecture and will scale with our future requirements.”
- A single CounterACT appliance was installed at the core of SITA’s network where it is able to see and manage all 2500 devices on the network.
- Easy to install and use”ForeScout CounterACT fit right into our router and switch environment without the need to make any hardware replacements.”
- Policy enforcement”With ForeScout CounterACT, we can control and enforce company-wide or device-specific policies.”
- Improved internal audit capabilities
“ForeScout CounterACT improved our ability to quickly complete asset, vulnerability and patch management reports. CounterACT includes comprehensive audit reports that allow direct measurement against our many, and often granular, security policies. Policies include the monitoring of privileged accounts – such as local administrator, open ports and services on specific server categories – and restricted or banned software applications including Internet relay chat (IRC).”