NCsoft Chooses ForeScout CounterACT for Network Access Control
“ForeScout CounterACT helps us manage and secure our large, distributed network in a way that other products couldn’t.”
- Headquartered in Seoul, South Korea, NCsoft is a leading manufacturer of online games such as Aion, Lineage, Guild Wars and Blade Soul.
- NCsoft employs 3000 people and has about 10,000 devices on their globally distributed network that spans seven countries.
- For security purposes, NCsoft network managers needed better information about what is on their network, including BYOD devices and unmanageable devices.
- NCsoft wanted to implement network access control to improve network security.
- NCsoft evaluated several leading NAC products before choosing ForeScout CounterACT. Their tests showed that ForeScout CounterACT provided broader functionality, better usability and easier management as compared to the other NAC products. In addition, ForeScout CounterACT was the only NAC product that could provide all of the functionality without the need for endpoint agents and without impacting the existing network.
- Ncsoft deployed seven ForeScout CounterACT appliances in each of seven major office locations. Since CounterACT operates out-of-band, supports active and passive device inspection methods, and includes a flexible policy engine, implementation was rapid, transparent and non-disruptive. CounterACT Enterprise Manager appliances provide unified visibility and dynamic policy management across all deployed appliances making administration simple and efficient.
- NCsoft used ForeScout CounterACT to detect and block unauthorized devices and applications. They also implemented ForeScout CounterACT’s automated guest registration policy.
- VisibilityForeScout CounterACT provides NCsoft real-time visibility of all IT assets on their globally distributed network, including information about the device’s location, status, and operating system (Windows, Linux, Macintosh, Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc.).
- Network access controlUnauthorized computers, applications, and peripheral devices are automatically blocked from the network.
- Endpoint complianceAuthorized computers that have security deficiencies such as out-of-date antivirus or are running unauthorized applications are automatically remediated. If the violation is severe, ForeScout CounterACT quarantines the computer while remediation takes place. Unauthorized peripheral devices which could introduce a security risk are automatically disabled by ForeScout CounterACT.