If cybercrime disappeared tomorrow, our lives would be simpler and we could save a lot of money. But let’s face it: the constant treadmill of security costs time and money. Have you ever calculated the cost of security? Ask yourself these questions:
- How much of your helpdesk budget is spent remediating infected systems?
- How much time do you spend patching systems?
- How much time do you spend provisioning network access for guests and contractors?
- How many hours do you spend each year collecting data for compliance audits?
- How much would a data loss event cost your company?
ForeScout’s product line lets you automate many security and operations processes, which saves you time and money. Here are some examples:
- Eliminate costs associated with provisioning network access for guests and contractors
- Reduce costs associated with endpoint compliance and remediation
- Automate compliance and inventory reports
- Eliminate time spent updating and testing network IPS signatures
- Eliminate troubleshooting and downtime caused by rogue network devices
- Lower IT Support Costs.
By identifying and reducing the number of unmanageable systems on your network, ForeScout CounterACT reduces the number of “house calls” your help desk needs to make to fix broken endpoint devices. By identifying and reducing the number of non-operative or out-of-date endpoint security agents (antivirus, anti-spyware, etc.), you can reduce the amount of time you spend chasing viruses.How much can you save? One large enterprise has reported saving approximately $1,000,000 per year. Microsoft reported a 70% reduction in security-related help desk calls.
- Get full ROI of existing security tools
You’ve already made substantial investments in endpoint security systems — anti-virus, anti-spyware, personal firewalls, patch management, maybe encryption and data loss prevention (DLP). Is every one of these systems 100% deployed and operational? Unaware of their blind spots, these agent-based systems typically over-report their own level of deployment, often by 10% to 15%. Without full deployment, you’re not getting what you paid for. ForeScout CounterACT lets you ensure full deployment and thus full ROI from these systems.How significant is the result? Microsoft reported that fewer than 50% of their end-user systems were compliant with the company’s security policies before they implemented a network technology similar to CounterACT. After deployment, Microsoft achieved over 90% compliance.
- Lower Network Provisioning Costs
With ForeScout CounterACT, you can automatically provision secure network access for guests and contractors, without compromising your internal network security. Automated procedures require no manual intervention by your IT staff. If you currently purchase dedicated lines for guest Internet access, you can decommission these and save more money.
- Lower Auditing Costs
Inventory and compliance audits that used to take days or weeks can be automated and produced in hours with real-time accuracy by ForeScout CounterACT.
- Avoid costs due to data loss
Avoid expensive lawsuits, regulatory fines, loss of customers and damaged brand reputation by preventing data loss through real-time visibility and control of all devices, users and applications on your network.
- Minimize Hardware Costs
CounterACT interoperates with any infrastructure. This means there is no need to replace switches or upgrade other network infrastructure to gain complete visibility and access control over your network.