Systems Engineer – MidwestLocation: Chicago, Midwest Region
This position will be the primary technical sales resource in ForeScout’s the Chicago/Midwestern Sales Region supporting a Regional Manager (RM). The job includes articulating the technical features and product positioning set in terms that can be translated into benefits by prospects and customers. Previous experience working directly for a Network Security Company is a plus. The position will drive marketing and R&D to develop critical features and participates in release and design review meetings.
- 5+ years experience as a Sr. security engineer and 5 years in a presales role.
- Understanding of Network Access Control, Intrusion Prevention Systems or similar network security technology (AV, FW).
- Experienced in product demonstrations, proof of concepts, and interfacing with external clients.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Networking; Routing, Switching (layer 2/layer3), MPLS, VPN, LAN, WAN, WLAN, ACL, CLI, VLAN, DNS, DHCP, 802.1X, SSL
- Traffic Monitoring/Spanning: 802.1Q, VLAN
- Troubleshooting Skills: TCPDUMP, SNMPWALK, NETSTAT, Wireshark
- Security products: SIEM, Vulnerability Assessment, MDM, ePO, or similar technologies
- Authentication: 802.1x, RADIUS, LDAP, AD, smart card, NTLMv2
- Database; SQL, MySQL
- Network/Host Security: NAC, IPS, FW, AV or similar technologies
- OS: Linux/UNIX, Windows, MAC, Android, IOS
- Proficiency in quickly evaluating key attributes of example network infrastructures and ability to articulate how these attributes would interact with the application of specific kinds of security products including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, forensic analysis systems, and AV software.
- Experience installing, managing and supporting real-world network and computer security systems.
- Understanding of the current threat and vulnerability landscape.
- Experience in designing/engineering network and security solutions for large enterprise networks.
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications, including negotiation and presentation skills with audiences of varying levels of technical understanding.
- Responsible for representing the ForeScout products to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
- Ability to work independently with excellent project management skills.
- Team player who is highly collaborative with excellent people management skills.
Additional Preferred Skills Include:
Security certification such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC, Security+, CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, etc.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
Position will expect travel approximately 50% within the Chicago/Midwestern region.